Your Windows 10 Mail App may here and there toss the accompanying mistake on the screen: “Something turned out badly. We were unable to discover your settings. Mistake code: 0x80070490″. This mistake message normally springs up when you attempt to add another Gmail record to your Mail App. We should hop directly in and investigate what arrangements you can use to investigate this issue.
How Do I Fix Error Code 0x80070490 in Windows 10?
Check Your Privacy Settings
Your Windows 10 protection settings may be forestalling applications from getting to your email. Explore to Settings, select Privacy and go to Email, Calendar, and People. Then, at that point, permit applications to get to your email and schedule.
Restart your Mail application and attempt to add the dangerous email account once more. On the off chance that the blunder endures, restart your PC and attempt once more.
Update the Mail & Calendar App
Go to the Microsoft Store, look for the Mail and Calendar application, and hit the Update button. Then again, click on More choices, and select Downloads and updates. Numerous clients affirmed that introducing the most recent application form tackled the issue.
Set up the Calendar App
Different clients recommended that you need to set up the Calendar application first and afterward modify your email settings.
- Dispatch the Calendar application, click on Settings, and go to Manage accounts.
- Select Add Account, and adhere to the on-screen guidelines.
- Delay until your schedule information matches up and afterward browse your email settings.
Reset the Mail and Calendar App
In the event that the issue continues, leap to the following arrangement on the rundown. Take a stab at resetting the application yet remember this arrangement will likewise erase your application information.
- Explore to Windows Settings, select Apps, and afterward click on Apps and components.
- Look down to the Mail and Calendar application.
- Then, at that point, select Advanced alternatives.
- Hit the Reset button, re-dispatch the application and really take a look at the outcomes.
Run SFC and DISM
- Type cmd in the Windows Search bar.
- Right-click on the Command Prompt app and select Run as administrator.
- Enter the following commands and hit Enter after each one:
- DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Scanhealth
- DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Restorehealth
- Then run the sfc /scannow command.
- At the point when the output is done, restart your PC and dispatch the Mail application once more.
Windows 10 Mail App blunder 0x80070490 demonstrates your security settings are forestalling the Mail application from getting to your email. Alter your settings, update the application and actually take a look at the outcomes. On the off chance that the issue continues, reset your Mail and Calendar application, and utilize the SFC and DISM orders to output and fix your framework documents.